Hull High School is a National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence

Friday, October 9, 2015

Meet New HHS Assistant Principal - Nicole Nosek

The following are parts of an interview that HHS Student Erin Shea conducted with HHS Assistant Principal Ms. Nosek.  The full interview will soon appear in an issue of the Hull Times.

Where are you from?

I grew up in Weymouth

Where did you go to college?

I went to Stonehill College for my undergraduate degree where I studied English and Journalism.  I received my Masters in Education at UMASS Boston, and more recently I completed an Educational Leadership program at Boston University.

Where else have you worked in terms of school systems?

I started out working as a Reading and Language Arts Teacher at Sterling Middle School in Quincy 22 years ago.  After teaching middle school for 7 years, I taught English here at Hull High School for 1 year.  I then taught English at Quincy High School where I remained for 13 years. 

What brought you to Hull High School?

While enrolled in my Leadership Program I decided that I wanted to move from the classroom into an administrator role.  I heard wonderful things about Principal Devine, and after interviewing and meeting with him and others from Hull schools, I decided it would be a great place to work and start the next phase in my career.

Do you have any prior memories of Hull?

When I was young growing up in Weymouth, I have fond memories of going to Nantasket Beach with my friends.  I also remember teaching at Hull High many years ago and being awestruck daily with the ocean view from my classroom.  

What are your interests?

In terms of relaxation and as a former English Teacher, I love to read, and I’m part of a monthly book club.  I also enjoy running and exercise.  What I enjoy most, however, is the time I spend with my children, and watching them on the soccer field or watching my daughter dance.

Can you tell me anything about your goals and aspirations for Hull High?

My goals and aspirations for Hull High are that I meet and get to know all the students here.  Since it’s a small school, I’m hopeful that I can not only know who the students are, but also help each of them be successful during their high school years and have positive school experiences.

What are your thoughts about Hull so far?

Aside from the beauty of the ocean right outside my window, my thoughts about Hull are that the staff and students are so welcoming.  People have honestly made me feel right at home and have been extremely helpful as I settle into my new role.

Do you have any traditions that you would like to start at HHS?

Right now I’m busy familiarizing myself with the existing traditions at the high school.  During my first year I’m looking to the students and staff for guidance about what they already have in place so I can join in and become a part of the school community.

Do you have any additional information you’d like to share?


Just that I’m excited about my new role here, and I look forward to the year ahead!