Hull High School is a National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Meet New HHS English Teacher - Kathleen Sowyrda

Where are you from and where did you go to college?
I am from Hingham and went to Siena College for undergrad where I majored in English.  I am currently attending Lesley University in pursuit of my Masters. 

What do you do for fun/hobbies?
For fun, I enjoy hanging out with my friends and family. I also love to travel and am going to Australia during this April vacation.

What made you want to be a teacher?
Since I was in kindergarten I have always wanted to be a teacher.  Then in High School, I had a tough but enthusiastic Freshman English teacher who made studying English fun! She inspired me to always do my best and made me want to teach others. 

How have things gone to start the school year?

Things have gone well so far this year! I love both the students and staff! They make Hull High one of the best places to teach!