Hull High School is a National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence

Friday, September 28, 2012

HHS New Teacher Profiles: Mrs. Kimberly Wall (English)

This year we have had the pleasure of hiring six outstanding new professionals to become part of the Hull High School faculty.  We are extremely proud of the choices we made in the hiring process as these teachers are already proving to be an indispensable part of our school community.  They are energetic, passionate, and hard working educators who are making difference in our classrooms.

Over the next three weeks we will highlight our new teachers by featuring brief profiles, which are designed to introduce them to community members who have not yet had the opportunity to meet them.



New Teacher Profile #2
Mrs. Kimberly Wall - English


  1. Can you tell us a little about your background?

I received a Bachelor’s degree from Quinnipiac University and a Master’s degree from Boston College.  After finishing my education, I worked for a software company training users on the software while traveling around the world.  I have worked with students in all levels of learning– elementary school, middle school, high school, and adult learners.  I have tutored students in math, English, and test taking strategies.  I look forward to using my varied life experiences to enhance my students’ education.



  1. Why did you become a teacher?

I became a teacher because I truly love to learn and I wanted to be able to share that excitement with others and develop in them the desire to become lifelong learners themselves.  I find it very rewarding to share my love of literature with students and to show them why it is so important to make reading and writing an important part of our lives.  I also feel that education opens up a world of opportunities for children and I want to be able to help guide them throughout their educational experience and into their lives as responsible adults. 


  1. What are your first impressions of Hull High School?

I am so impressed with what I have seen so far at Hull High School.  The students and staff have been extremely welcoming and I am excited to continue to get to know the students throughout the coming year.  The building is beautiful and so well maintained that it is obvious the students and staff have a high level of respect for their school environment.  I am thrilled to become part of the Hull High School community!


  1. What do you love about your particular content area?
I am a passionate reader and am always reading at least one book for pleasure.  Literature allows the reader to enter another world and live life in someone else’s shoes – if only for an hour or two at a time.  Literature allows us to express ourselves, explore other cultures, and enjoy life more fully by being exposed to new ideas.  Literature expands our imagination and teaches us to be critical thinkers.  These are things that will help us in whatever future life path we choose.

  

  1. Tell us something interesting about yourself that your students do not know.

One interesting fact about me is that I have been fortunate to have traveled extensively through the course of my life.  I have visited 20 countries as far away as Russia and Japan, and 18 states as far away as Alaska and Hawaii.  Throughout my travels I have been able to experience many of the cultures that I was introduced to through reading literature.  I hope to be able to continue exploring the world in the upcoming years.